STAR OF THE MONTH


  STAR OF THE MONTH: SANELE MKHIZE

 

  He won the hearts of many music lovers with his flawless and impeccable voice. Sanele Mkhize auditioned for idols SA season 12 and he made it to the top ten. Unfortunately he was the first contestant in the top ten to be eliminated and in one of his recent posts he shared this message “three years ago on this day (2nd of October 2016) I was eliminated on idols, had no hope and felt like it was all over. But today (2nd of October 2019) I’m launching my own EP that I’ve worked so hard for! Nothing is impossible with God!” now ladies and gentlemen this is how you turn a negative outcome to a positive one. He is not only a musician he is a presenter, motivational speaker and an Eco tourist in the making. He’s worked with Collen Maluleke, , KZN choir, Khaya Mthethwa, Brian Temba, Nqubeko Mbatha , Zakes Bantwini and Xolani Mdlalose. He released his debut single titled Uyingcwele. He has a great fashion sense and he is our star of the month. Read the interview below. 
 
Who is Sanele Mkhize?
Sanele Mkhize is a very fun, outgoing and very vibrant person who loves people and above all, music! I'm a very unique person who loves to try new stuff.

Tell us about your love for music and how it all began?
The love for music came naturally to me from a tender age of 5. I used to love to mimic singers when I heard them on the radio or seen them on TV, it just grew and grew in me to a point where I'd decided that I wanted to be the best in it and pursue it.

You mentioned in an article that you are a motivational speaker, what inspired you to become a motivational speaker?
I'm a positive thinker and a positive speaker, I've always believed in making the next person feel good about themselves so with the platform I was offered, I decided to also start motivating people through speaking.

Tell us about your journey on idols, what you learnt (how many times did you enter) and how has this experience benefited you as an artist?
My experience was absolutely amazing, fortunately for me I only tried once and I made it all the way to the top 10 and it has taught me a lot about endurance as a musician.


Unfortunately you were the first to be eliminated from the top ten, how did you deal with this ordeal?
I had to be strong and take it as a learning curve for myself. I thought it was the end for me however I picked myself up and I carried on working on my music hence the release of my EP.

Tell us about your single Uyingcwele and when can your fans expect an album?
My single Uyingcwele was a taste of what I could present as a Christian, but now I've taken a different route, not to say I've disregarded my Christianity of course not, but I've decided to expand my sound and do Afro soul which I dropped recently. 

There is always controversy on Christians singing secular and being on idols which is a pop show, you were singing secular music. Did you receive any backlash and what are your thoughts on this perception?
I didn’t receive any backlash at all instead everyone was supportive and they understood it was a competition. What’s important at the end of the day is one’s relationship with God. There are a number of secular artists who are born again Christians. And who are we to judge?

Being an artist, you are always on stage performing, with the amount of experience you've gained do you still get nervous and if you do how do you overcome the nerves?
 I get nervous all the time! Remember the crowd is not always the same, so you experience new people all the time, so it's nerve wrecking! To get over my nerves before going on stage I pray. 


Are you still part of the KZN choir and tell us about experience with the choir?
No I'm no longer part of the choir, however I grew as a musician in the choir. My experience with the choir was indeed a blessing.

The music industry lost a talented artist, Thami Shobede, and you were both in the top 10 in 2016. How was it working with him and share your fond memories of him.
Thami was a great individual, always smiling and always looking out for everyone. He always acted much like a bigger brother and he will forever be cherished in our hearts.

Your vocals are impeccable, how do you prepare yourself before performing?
Thank you so much! I make sure I warm up, steam myself at the gym and I drink lots of water.

Watching idols season 15 who is your favourite contestant (sorry for putting you on the spot LOL) and what advice would you give to the contestants on how to deal with the pressure that comes with the competition and what advice would you give to people who wish to enter the competition?
I'm in support of my home girl Sneziey simply because we go way back and we've worked together on several productions and my advice to her is stay humble and let no one make you think you're lesser of a person. To those who wish to enter the competition go for it, you never know till you try.

Going forward what are you hoping to achieve before the year ends?
I'm hoping to be a very booked and busy artist, buy myself a new house and a car lol

Who is your musical inspiration?
John Legend! I live for the guy!

Parting words
Never quit thinking positive, sometimes the thoughts in our heads can either make you or break you.

Social media details
On Twitter//Instagram// Facebook 
Sanele_mkhizesa // Sanele Mkhize 

Check out a glimpse of Sanele's  debut single Uyingcwele its available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Deezer and Amazon.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXCLUSIVE TO EMBRACE LIFESTYLE

EXCLUSIVE TO EMBRACE LIFESTYLE

STAR OF THE MONTH