EXCLUSIVE TO EMBRACE LIFESTYLE

STAR OF THE MONTH: YAZINKOSI MAYAZ NDLOVU


Success is not defined by money or properties, but it is defined by fulfilling your purpose. That is our star of the month‘s motto. Yazinkosi Ndlovu who is also known as Mayaz is the founder of Mayaz fashion and Beauty Consultancy. She is a Christian lady who is passionate about women empowerment and she is a risk taker. She loves looking good and this propelled her to start her clothing company. She also hosts seminars which empower women in terms of image and building self-confidence. Not only is she a fashionista but she is an intellect, she has an Honors degree and a masters’ degree in human resources these qualifications have assisted her in becoming the brand she is today.  Yours truly caught up with Mayaz and she had a lot to say. Read below.


Tell us about your company and what made you decide to get into business?
My business is called Mayaz Fashion and Beauty Consultancy. What I do is, I sell clothes and I also make and design the clothes. I also sell beauty products and I sell jewelry. I also host seminars that empower women. I decided to get into the business of selling clothes because I love looking good and I love seeing women looking good. So I decided to take the risk. I am partly into image consultancy but in the near future I might do it full time.
When did you start hosting seminars and what inspired you to host lady seminars?
I started hosting seminars last year , what made me start hosting lady seminars is I realized that women are not being taught on how to dress. These lady seminars teach on different topics. People buy clothes and beauty products but they do not know how to use these products. For example we all have different body types and we ought to know how to dress our bodies. So these seminars teach women how to dress and how to build self-confidence. Sometimes as a woman you go into a shop and you are lured into buying something that does not suit your body type so that’s where I come in. When it comes to makeup I teach women what product to use and how to apply makeup and look good afterwards. Sometimes it’s not about having a lot of clothes but it’s about one being able to match colors.
From the seminars you have hosted what kind of feedback did you receive and did people benefit from the lady seminars?
The first seminar the turnout was okay and the feedback was positive and this encouraged me to keep on keeping on and the same goes for the second seminar. When I hosted the second seminar I was happy to see new faces. The first seminar it was based on how to dress and building self-confidence and the second seminar the theme was “dress for success”. The feedback was good, women were inspired to work on themselves and take their image seriously. In these seminars you find that women in the corporate world attend and the ladies from church especially those in the praise and worship team. As a woman it is important to dress well because before you say anything people judge you by the way you look. In a nutshell women who have attend the lady seminars have been transformed for the better.
What challenges have you faced in your business?
Well the challenge I have faced is the issue of expanding my brand. For now I host my seminars outside the Cbd and people want to attend events which are hosted in the Cbd. The challenge is as a brand for now it is not possible to expand to the Cbd however I believe in the next two to three years the brand would be fully established.
Tell us about your upcoming seminar
Mayaz fashion and Beauty consultancy will be hosting a ladies seminar on how to be warm and stylish in winter on the 4th of May 2019. I’ll be teaching women how to dress stylish in winter, the dos and don’ts of winter wear and the must have of winter wear. All I can say is don’t miss out, look classy this winter.
Why should women invest in lady seminars?
It is important to learn and acquire knowledge and by doing so one will be well equipped and empowered. It is important for women to invest in lady seminars as this will help in creating relationships with other women and also supporting each other as women is important. I also want to emphasise on investing in seminars that teach women on how to dress, these help women to be confident in themselves. Sometimes you can miss an opportunity because of the way you look. In addition I have an events calendar, in August I’ll be hosting a seminar based on dressing your body type and in November I will be hosting another seminar based on corporate dressing. I would like to edge women to invest in lady seminars.
Besides fashion what are you passionate about?
I am passionate about education. I have an Honors Degree and Master’s Degree in human resources. After completing my studies I have never worked for anyone, I have always wanted to own my business. These qualifications helped me to start my own business and the knowledge I acquired has shaped me to be the woman I am today.
There is this misconception on makeup some women feel judged because they put on makeup what advice would you give to women who wish to put on makeup but are scared of being judged?
We are different and it is important not to look down upon each other. For women who want to put on make you are free to do so just buy the right product that is suitable for your skin and one must be able to apply makeup properly. We as women we have to accept each other and not judge each other. If one wants to be natural that’s their choice and if one wants to wear makeup that’s their choice it’s all about accepting each other‘s choices and appreciating the next person. It’s like hair some prefer natural hair some prefer weaves. As a woman you are free to make choices that make you feel good about yourself.
What does women empowerment mean to you as an individual?
It means giving women opportunities to be successful in their respects careers.
What are you hoping to achieve in the next five years?
I am not concerned about growing myself as a brand, but my wish is to help women build their confidence that would be an achievement for me. Some women lack confidence and this is seen in their dressing. When you look at women you see beauty but sometimes it is overshadowed by not dressing well. Some women are not confident in their bodies, well no one has a perfect body we as women we need to embrace our bodies be confident dress well and go conquer.
What advice would you give to women who want to build their image?
The advice I would give is as a woman don’t focus more looking good but build your confidence in terms of public speaking and being well read. Some look good but can’t stand in front of people and speak with boldness. It is important to work on your dressing as well as building your confidence as a woman. Building your image should involve dressing yourself properly and looking classy and working on yourself intellectually, there should be a balance.
Social media details
Instagram- yazinkosi Lisa and mayaz-fashion
Facebook- Yazinkosi Ndlovu

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EXCLUSIVE TO EMBRACE LIFESTYLE

EXCLUSIVE TO EMBRACE LIFESTYLE