EXCLUSIVE TO EMBRACE LIFESTYLE

STAR OF THE MONTH: LUMINOUS

Hey embracers i hope you all good and i hope you all having a fruitful week. I am excited to present to you the star of the month Tinashe Mtetwa aka Luminous. Luminous is a hip hop artist  based in Bulawayo, he is a young man who takes pride in his craft and his roots. He has worked with numerous people including T1nda. He recently dropped his music video titled ‘can’t explain’ and this music video is phenomenal. I must say it was a great pleasure to interview this talented young man. 
Who is Tinashe Mtetwa?
Tinashe Mtetwa is a 20year old individual who is passionate about God, his people & music among other things. He lives in Nkulumane, loves food & cooking LOL. He’s ambitious and loves to take on a challenge.
Tell us about your hip hop journey and how it all began?
My first date with hip hop was back in 2005, I heard songs from a rapper called Lecrae, it was love at first hearing LOL… I started writing my own material that same year and my first performance was in 2007.
Where does the name Luminous come from?
It’s a silly story really, I normally look up new words in the dictionary right, so one day I was on the letter ‘L’ and I saw Luminous which means glowing in the dark or full of light & I was like “That’s a really cool name”.
Congratulations you recently dropped your music video ‘Can’t Explain’, tell us how the concept came about, the people you worked with & tell us what inspired you to write the song?
Well thank you, I was in a kombi on route to town with my friend Allen and we were being silly describing a movie scene which is now the main scene of the video (The kombi ride), we then took the idea to T1nda & the director & my long-time friend Ngqabutho Frank Dube who already had ideas of his own, we merged our ideas & the video was the outcome. All the people who starred in the video our acquaintances really, we had Amanda Huni the Teacher, Leah who played the Diva, Tsitsi who played the best friend to Mimie Tarukwana who played the Ex. Mitchelle Chikwengo played the good student, Bongani Played T1nda’s friend who played the guy after my Ex. The kombi Driver played himself and Prince was the clown of the class & my friend.
The song was inspired by a true story; it’s my own personal experience that drove me to write the joint. I wanted to also share my perspective on the issue that a lot of people choose to ignore and not talk about.
Besides being a hip hop artist, what else do you do?
I am the co-founder of NkulumaneBoi Apparel with my friend Allen, and I’m trying to get back to school to study marketing management.
You have worked with people like T1nda, how has this experience been for you as an artist?
T1nda is my brother more than anything, so if anything, working with him has helped me as a person first, He’s a wise dude, so I’ve learnt a lot that’ll sustain me for life. It has also opened doors for me, I’ve had the privilege of meeting pioneers of the game like NabothRizla. But all in all That’s my big brother.
From your own point of view, do you think local artists are getting enough recognition & support from fellow citizens?
No& Yes, No because the bulk of the citizens are not exposed to the art and hip hop in particular which is already a foreign sound. But the portion of the Zimbabwean citizens who are fortunate to have internet access have been over the last few years, slowly but surely gravitating towards local art. If we can bridge the gap between the industry and the people, we’ll be alright & I’m happy coz there’s progress, I mean Skyz Metro fm is now live.
What can the country expect from Luminous in the near future?
My Nkulumane Drive E.P which is dropping before year end, growth in the way I craft the product (Art). Engaging my audience and sharing my perspective with hopes of challenging the way they look at life.
Who is your role model?
Lecrae, Andy Mineo& T1nda.
How do you overcome the challenges you face in pursuing music?
Honestly Prayer, Seeking God’s will & the counsel of Wise folks. Also I believe the definition of success is Faithful Labour, being consistent even when it’s tough.
What word of Advice would you give to young men out there who wish to pursue music, hip hop especially?
Study the Art, take your time crafting your art…Don’t just follow trends coz you’ll phase out with them, find your voice, your audience and get it crackin’
Facebook- Tinashe Luminous Mtetwa. Instagram& Twitter @Luminous516 
Stream & Download music on:
YouTube – Meet LuminousSoundCloud – Boi Luminous
Check out Luminous ‘s music video below ‘ cant explain”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXCLUSIVE TO EMBRACE LIFESTYLE

STAR OF THE MONTH

EXCLUSIVE TO EMBRACE LIFESTYLE